By participating in the Northeast Ohio Teacher Education Day, you will have an opportunity to meet hiring officials from school systems across the region, state, and nation. The event will begin with an open job fair format allowing you to network with hiring officials from participating schools. During the networking session, school systems may ask you to return for an initial screening interview during the late morning or the afternoon. The event will be held on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 in the John S. Knight Center, Akron, OH.
- IMPORTANT: PLEASE BRING PARKING TICKET TO KNIGHT CENTER TO VALIDATE FOR FREE PARKING.
- Employers may drop off materials at the loading dock on the Broadway Street side of the building. NOTED staff members will be available to assist with unloading materials.
- Ample FREE parking is available adjacent to the Knight Center and in surrounding lots.
- Employers should enter the Knight Center via the doors on Mill Street side of the building.
East to Exit 180 (Rt. 8 South) VIA RT. 8 Follow Rt. 8 South to Perkins St. exit Right on Perkins St. to High St., turn Left Stay on High St. (one-way street going South) past E. Market Center is located on the left at the corner of High & Mill Sts.From the North (via I-77/I-76):
I-77/I-76 (they run concurrently briefly) to Exit 22A VIA I-77 (Main/Broadway/Downtown) & WEST You will merge with a one-way side street (South St.) VIA I-76 Follow South St. to the 2nd light. At that point all traffic MUST turn left onto Broadway, which is a one-way street going North Follow Broadway to Mill St. (about 1-1 1/2 miles) Center is located at the corner of Broadway & Mill St.From the North (via I-71):
I-71 to I-76 East to Exit 22A (Main/Broadway/Downtown) and SOUTH (follow directions above) VIA I-71.From the South:
I-77/I-76 to Exit 22A (Main/Broadway/Downtown) VIA I-77 The exit ramp Y’s, bear right to Broadway & EAST Broadway is a one-way street going North VIA I-76 Follow Broadway to Mill St. (about 1-1 1/2 miles) Center is at the corner of Broadway & Mill St.
- Hotel AccommodationsWe are pleased to offer hotel accommodations near the John S. Knight Center for your convenience. Hotel arrangements can be made at the Courtyard by Marriott Akron Downtown for $129 per night by clicking the following link: Book your group rate for Noted. Book your room by March 10, 2018 to receive the group rate. Reservations after March 10th can be made by calling the hotel directly at 330-252-9228.
- Statistics About the Event2017
- 454 candidates (seniors and alumni) attended
- Recruiters represented 118 school districts and organizations
- 481 candidates (seniors and alumni) attended
- Recruiters represented 104 school districts and organizations
- A total of 1,216 interviews were conducted
- 490 candidates (seniors and alumni) attended
- Recruiters represented 93 school districts and organizations
- A total of 1,655 interviews were conducted
- 442 candidates (seniors and alumni) attended
- Recruiters represented 71 school districts and organizations
- A total of 966 were conducted interviews
- Who Can Attend the FairThe NOTED Job Fair is open to current students and alumni of consortium member colleges and universities. Attendees must prove their affiliation with a member institution to gain access to the event. This event is closed to all others.